We have the following volunteer roles available:
Trustee – Voluntary
SOS Domestic Abuse Projects is a Southend based charity working with victims of domestic abuse with over 40 years’ experience of service delivery and are seeking to recruit voluntary Trustees to our Board.
We are particularly keen to recruit members of the local community, preferably with a business background, who would be expected to play a role in the governance of the charity and to attend quarterly meetings.
Statutory duties of a Trustee would be:
• To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document – the Articles of Association.
• To ensure that the organisation pursues its objectives as defined in its governing document.
• To ensure the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives –
the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objectives, no
matter how ‘charitable’ and ‘worthwhile’ those activities are.
• To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the
organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating
performance against agreed targets.
• To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
• To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
• To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
• To protect and manage the property of the organisation and to ensure the proper investment of
the organisation’s funds.
Children’s Play Volunteer
We are looking for a volunteer to provide basic normalising play activities for children and parents residing in our refuge. We are looking for someone to run one/two two-hour sessions per week, during Monday-Friday, 10am to 5pm.
Small projects for the DIY enthusiast who is bored at home.
To run a couple of ‘fun’ group activities each week for residents in the refuge.
Qualified counsellors with BACP accreditation who wish to donate their time are a very valuable part of our counselling team. In addition, we will consider counselling students on placement with a minimum number of 30 client hours and at least level 4/final year. If you are a student, we will ask you to commit to attending ongoing training, some of which will be mandatory. Free supervision is provided.
If you are interested in any of the above roles, please contact us on 01702 868026 or firstname.lastname@example.org